Most residential and commercial properties in Australia have wood materials in them. Homes have wooden frames, beams, floors, windows, and doors. Commercial properties also have doors, windows, and wooden structural elements. These materials need to remain strong and intact in order for the building to remain secure and structurally sound. Borers can compromise this structural integrity and lead expensive repairs. At Knock-Down Pest Control, we have effective solutions against wood borers and will make sure they’re eliminated from your property before they can cause too much damage to it.
What are borers?
Borers are small insects that consume wood. They’ll dig into the wooden material and form expansive tunnels over the course of a few months or years. These tunnels weaken the wood and weak wood can’t bear the load of building materials or pressure from movement. Here are some things you need to know about wood borers:
- Wood boring insects come in different varieties and species. You can get Jewel, Pinhole, Stag, and Auger borer infestation in your property.
- Adults will lay their eggs and small cracks and crevasses in the wood.
- When these eggs hatch into larvae, they’ll start borrowing into the wood and go deep as they feed.
- The cycle will keep repeating as these larvae grow into adults and reproduce. If you don’t handle the problem promptly, they borers will eventually cause extensive and even irreparable damage.
How do we handle wood borers?
We aim to offer long-term and effective solutions so our clients can have some peace of mind and don’t have to worry about extensive damage to their property. Here’s what we can do to help you:
- Inspection – We believe that every pest infestation requires a customised solution. That’s why our experts inspect all properties carefully before they offer advice. They’ll check if there’s an active infestation or if the damage is caused by past and inactive infestation.
- Designed to interrupt the lifecycle – The problem is caused by the larvae burrowing into the wood so our treatments are designed to target and eliminate them specifically. All our solutions are very effective and will disrupt the lifecycle entirely to ensure there’s no more reproduction and infestation.
- Different solutions – We provide different solutions based on the requirements of the clients and their property. Water-based treatments are the most effective and safest to use if you have pets and children. The solution will sink into the wood and fight the pests from within. The treatment is also a good long-term solution because it’ll linger in the timber for several weeks or months at a time. This helps prevent future infestations. The other solution we consider is fumigation. The gas fumes can penetrate all hidden corners and crevasses in the infested area and can eliminate any borer in the timber. We usually use Sulfuryl Fluoride because it’s very effective and can kill borers in every stage of their life.
You might see some post-treatment emergence in the form of adult wood borers but there’s no reason to be alarmed. The eggs laid by these beetles won’t survive so you won’t have to worry about another infestation.
If you want to know more about our pest control services, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Knock-Down Pest Control today! You can reach us through our contact us form or call 1300 262 463 and we’ll be happy to assist you.