European wasps are fairly common in the Eastern states of the country but they’re considered exotic pests that can disrupt the natural wildlife and habitat in Western states. These wasps are transported from one corner of the country to another accidently through trucks, cars, and other such mediums. The local authorities have some regulations when it comes to dealing with these wasps. At Knock-Down Pest Control, we’re familiar with these regulations and make sure the wasps are removed safely from your property.
What do you need to know?
Wasp bites are as painful as bee stings and they can trigger serious allergies in sensitive people. If you’re stung by a wasp, it’s a good idea to visit your doctor immediately and receive treatment for the bite before you attempt to deal with the wasp infestation. Here’s what you need to know:
- Don’t attempt to remove the wasp nest yourself as that can agitate the wasps. If you don’t have adequate protection and aren’t familiar with the best removal techniques, you can place your health at risk.
- If you experience a high level of wasp activity in your backyard or garden, you might have a wasp nest nearby. A single nest can contain several thousand wasps at a time, especially during the summer.
- The wasp nest will have distinct paper-like walls. The nest is made from chewed wood and wasp saliva and is often located in wall cavities, under bird boxes, in shed and garages, under roof cavities, etc. The nests are usually easy to access as well, which can tempt you to remove them but that’s never a good idea.
- The nest will be very small in the spring months but it can quickly grow to the size of a football in the summer months. We recommend removing the nest in the spring or earlier instead of waiting for it to develop.
- Wasps and bees aren’t the same kind of insects and bees are usually protected because they’re an endangered species. If you need to remove a bee nest, you need to call a qualified bee keeper for the job.
How to we handle the removal?
Our first step is to find the location of the nest. We’ll comb through your property and follow the signs to locate the wasps nest. After the nest is located, we take the steps mentioned below:
- Our experts wear protective gear and clothing to protect them from wasp stings. Once they’re prepared, they’ll clear the surroundings to ensure no one is hurt or stung during the removal process.
- Once everything is in place, we’ll spray an insecticide solution effective against wasps on the nest. This solution needs time to sink in and kill all wasps in the nest so we’ll wait approximately 48 hours for the solution to work.
- You can remove the nest or call us for the removal after that. The wasps will be dead and therefore harmless at this stage.
Our solutions are customised to your requirements and the location of the wasp nest. We make sure the pests are completely eliminated before we attempt to remove the nest.
If you want to know more about our Pest Control Sydney services, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Knock-Down Pest Control today! You can reach us through our contact us form or call 1300 262 463 and we’ll be happy to assist you.