Mosquitoes can be very annoying and surprisingly difficult to get rid of. No matter how often your swat them or what kind of over-the-counter repellent you use, they come back and bite you. Mosquito bites aren’t just annoying, but also dangerous. Some bites can lead to allergic reactions and even illnesses that you can avoid if you’re more cautious. At Knock-Down Pest Control Sydney, we provide effective and long-term solutions to help combat the problem of mosquitoes. All you need to do is give us a call and explain your situation to our customer care executives. They’ll send experienced pest control experts your way.
What do you need to know about mosquitoes?
Mosquitoes are quite common in Australia, especially in outdoor spaces like a patio or backyard. Most people can’t enjoy and relax in their backyard in the evening because they’re assaulted by mosquitoes. Here are some things you need to know about these pests:
- Mosquitoes have an internal clock that tells them when it’s feeding time so you’re more likely to be bitten during dawn or dusk.
- While you’re more likely to be bitten in outdoor spaces, these pests can invade your home and linger there as well.
- Mosquitoes seem to be attracted to bright colours that reflect light.
- If you have still water in your property, you can expect some infestation. Mosquitoes lay their eggs in the water and that’s where their larvae will thrive and feed until they’re adults.
- Eggs will hatch and larvae will develop into adults in just 6 to 10 days’ time.
How do we approach eliminating mosquitoes?
We’ve been a part of this industry for a very long time and understand how mosquitoes behave and spread. We also understand that different approaches are required for different kinds of property. Here’s what we can do:
- Inspection – Our first step is to inspect the property thoroughly to spot any areas where mosquitoes breed. It’s important to eliminate the root cause of the problem before we go on to remove the mosquitoes from your property. We’ll look for stagnant water, dark and damp spaces, and messy neglected things like unattended trash as they can be a source of mosquitoes.
- Prevention – Installations like window and door screens can be used to keep mosquitoes away from the indoor areas of your property. This is one of the safest and most effective ways to combat the infestation problem.
- Electric fly kills – If you can’t install screens on your doors and windows, we recommend electric mosquito killers. These devices attract mosquitoes to them and kill the insects immediately. They’re safe to use and very effective, especially in indoor environments. They can be used in residential and commercial properties without problems.
We offer customised advice on how to combat mosquitoes and keep them away from your property in the long term. Our solutions are effective and safe to use so you don’t have to worry about the impact on your children and pets. Our services are also quite affordable and our quotes are straightforward so you know how much you need to spend to keep your property free of mosquitoes.
If you want to know more about our pest control services, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Knock-Down Pest Control today! You can reach us through our contact us form or call 1300 262 463 and we’ll be happy to assist you.