Flies are pretty common in Australia and they can be a great nuisance. People are under the assumption that flies don’t cause much harm and many ignore small infestations like they mean nothing. Unfortunately, flies can breed quickly so a small infestation can become a large and serious problem in a matter of days. Some fly breeds can grow from the egg stage to the adult stage in just 7 days. At Knock-Down Pest Control Sydney, we encourage clients to address a fly infestation as quickly as they can. Small infestations are easy to control and eliminate, which is why you shouldn’t delay calling us.
Check whether you have a fly infestation
Flies are everywhere and a couple of them might enter your property and bother you once in a while. This isn’t an indication of a full infestation. Here are some signs that indicate that you might be dealing with a serious fly infestation:
- Small patches of spots – These spots with be dark in colour and might be located in fittings, wall surfaces, sub-floor cavities, drain channels and pipes, areas around the sink, etc. They’re a definite sign of infestation and should be addressed as quickly as possible.
- Seeing flies everyday – As mentioned before, just a couple of flies every once in a while aren’t a cause for concern. However, if you see a number of flies every day, it means you have an infestation and should call a professional to assist you promptly. If you see a large number of flies by the waste bins, guttering, or any waterlogged areas, you’ll experience a massive infestation in the future because the flies are breeding.
- Maggots – Maggots are flies in the larval stage and will eventually develop into adult flies. If you see a large number of maggots near trash cans and other the areas, don’t hesitate to give us a call.
What do we do?
We have several years of experience with fly control and elimination. Over time, we’ve developed a control strategy that works best and provides long-term solutions against flies. Here’s a brief introduction to the strategy we use to eliminate flies from your property:
- Prevention – Our first step is to ensure flies don’t have the opportunity to enter your property in the first place. We install pest control solutions on your windows, doors, roof vents, etc, to ensure flies can’t enter your property.
- Removing opportunities – Flies require specific conditions and circumstances to breed. Our well-trained experts will offer advice on general cleaning and housekeeping to help you ensure your property doesn’t have places that can be used as breeding grounds for flies.
- Elimination – We’ll examine your property and the extent of the infestation before we come up with a plan to eliminate the flies. All are solutions are tailored according to your circumstances so you don’t have to deal with recurring infestations even after spending money on full elimination.
- Inspection – Flies can come back if the conditions are right so we make sure another pest infestation doesn’t happen with the help of regular inspections.
If you want to know more about our pest control services, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Knock-Down Pest Control today! You can reach us through our contact us form or call 1300 262 463 and we’ll be happy to assist you.