Cats are considered pets rather than pests but stray ones can cause havoc, especially if they’re not discouraged or removed from your property immediately. Cats, especially abandoned and feral ones, are some of the most invasive pests in the world today. They enter your property, harm your pets, turn over trash cans in search of food, litter in your indoor and outdoor space, and cause other such problems. Most clients don’t know how to deal with cat infestations. At Knock-Down Pest Control, we encourage our clients to call us if they notice a cat infestation.
Why are cats a concern?
People are so conditioned to seeing cats as pets that they hesitate to take concrete measures to remove them from their property. Here are some reasons why you should take action immediately:
- Population – Female cats can produce 2 litters every year and are ready to reproduce at 12 months of age. If the female cat becomes comfortable in your property or starts to mark it as her territory, you’ll eventually have to deal with kittens and more cats.
- Harming other pets – Cats pose a danger to your other pets. They’ll hunt and kill birds, pet lizards, pet rodents, etc, attack your pet cats and dogs, and cause trouble. But these aren’t the only dangers they pose. Wild street cats also tend to carry fleas, ringworms, ticks, and other health problems that they can pass onto your pets.
- Food – They’ll invade your home in search of food and contaminate anything you leave out with their droppings and due to their general lack of hygiene.
How to we deal with them?
We have ample experience with cat Pest Control and have developed humane ways to remove them from your property. All you need to do is call us and we’ll handle the rest. Here’s what we do for cat infestations:
- Inspect your property – Our first step is to inspect your property for vulnerable areas that allow the cats to enter your property. We’ll also look for common signs of cat invasion just to make sure the cats are entering your property regularly.
- Secure the vulnerable points – Once we’ve identified the vulnerable points, we’ll offer solutions to secure it with the help of specialised fencing and screens. These products are designed to humanely discourage cats from entering the property. They don’t harm the cats or your pets and are considered some of the best preventive measures available today.
- Scent of enemies – Cats won’t enter properties that are marked with the scent of their natural predators or enemies. These cat repellents are very effective and can be used on properties that don’t have cats as pets as well. We don’t recommend using these repellents if you have a pet cat because the scent will make them anxious and cause considerable discomfort.
Our experts will offer custom solutions to your cat infestation problems and explain how you can avoid them in the long run. They’ll also provide solutions that are acceptable and approved by the government.
If you want to know more about our pest control services, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Knock-Down Pest Control today! You can reach us through our contact us form or call 1300 262 463 and we’ll be happy to assist you.