Pigeons might appear harmless at first glance but they can cause a lot of nuisance, especially if you ignore their existence. These birds are dirty, noisy, and once they find a comfortable place to nest, nearly impossible to move. These birds can also cause a number of health problems if you let the infestation go unchecked and uncontrolled. At Knock-Down Pest Control, we believe that you shouldn’t allow the birds to settle in. If you see an infestation or pigeons lingering on your property, don’t hesitate to call us immediately.
Why do you need to be wary of pigeons?
People tend to ignore pigeons and other birds because they’re considered harmless. Most don’t realise that they carry the same risks as mice and other such rodents. Here are some reasons why you should be concerned about pigeon infestation in your property:
- Diseases – Pigeons fly over long distances and are near perfect disease carriers. If the spores from their faeces lands in your food, you’re likely to develop food poisoning through salmonella. If you breathe in the fungi or bacteria they carry, you can develop histoplasmosis, which can be fatal. If you discourage infestation or remove it immediately after you first notice it, you can avoid these problems.
- Property damage – They don’t just damage your health, but they also damage your property. Pigeons are stronger than most people expect and can easily dislodge roof shingles, block gutters, peck and bite into wood beams, build nests that attract pests and insects, and leave behind droppings that can corrode building material. The longer you leave the infestation unchecked, the more damage your property will sustain.
- Behaviour – Pigeons can develop aggressive behaviour, especially towards small pets and rodents that you might have in your home. Some might even peck and slap humans with their wings during their breeding season in an attempt to protect their young. This behaviour can be alarming and disruptive, especially in commercial properties. These birds can chase your customers away and compromise your reputation.
As you can see, pigeons can cause a number of problems. While you can try to remove them from your property yourself, it’s a better idea to call us for assistance.
How can we help?
We have been in this industry long enough to understand just how to handle pigeon infestations. We use effective and eco-friendly techniques to ensure the birds are removed in a humane matter. Here’s what we can do for you:
- Assessment – Our first step is to examine your property and identify areas where the birds like to nest. We’ll also look for entry and exit points to ensure we know how to block access to these birds.
- Removal – Our next step is to remove any bird nests and chase away any linger pigeons in the property. We can take preventive measures after the birds are away from your property.
- Cleaning – It’s important to remove all droppings before cleaning and sanitising the area. This will improve the air quality of your property.
- Preventive measures – The final step is to install preventive measures like screens at entry points and spikes to discourage the pigeons from sitting on your property.
If you want to know more about our pest control services, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Knock-Down Pest Control today! You can reach us through our contact us form or call 1300 262 463 and we’ll be happy to assist you.