Every property in Australia sits on a solid concrete slab. This slab provides a hard base for the house and ensures the property has something steady and firm to sit on. While the concrete used in these slabs is durable and of good quality, it will eventually develop cracks. Small cracks aren’t usually a problem if the concrete is adequately protected and exposed to the air. However, slab concrete doesn’t have enough protection and is in constant contact with the moist, termite filled soil underneath. At Knock-Down Pest Control, we encourage people to consider termite reticulation barrier to ensure these pests are kept away from the home.
What is a termite reticulation barrier?
It’s essential to install a barrier between the soil and the slab that sits on top in order to protect the property from termites. There are a number of ways you go about this; you can install a physical barrier or spray chemicals over the surface. While both of these solutions are effective and will last for years, they’re not as effective and durable as a termite reticulation barrier.
This system is designed to help replenish the chemical barrier between the soul and the slab. The system consists of a number of underground pipes. These pipes have specific outlets that will release the chemical into the soil around them and reinforce the chemical barrier in the soil and keep the termites at bay.
Why install a reticulation barrier?
The reticulation barrier requires a slightly higher initial expenditure, which is why many people hesitate to install it in their homes. However, this higher expense is worth it and here are some reasons why:
- Long lasting – This system is more durable than regular chemical and physical termite barrier systems. Once you install it, you won’t have to worry about termites entering the slab from the soil again.
- Cost savings – You save a lot of money on pest control and repairs over the long term if you install a termite reticulation barrier. While termites might still enter your home from other external sources, they won’t come through the slab and cause problems that need extensive repairs.
- Easy to use – The termite reticulation system is easy to use after it’s installed. You just need to pour the chemical down the pipe when the barrier needs to be replenished and you’re good to go.
- Easy maintenance – You won’t need to spend much time or effort in order to maintain this system. You’ll only need to top off the chemical levels present in the pipes every 3 to 5 years. This ensures the chemical is potent and forms an effective barrier.
Why choose us for the installation?
- We have ample experience in this field and have installed several reticulation systems in the past.
- Our prices are affordable and our quotes are straightforward, you won’t have to deal with any hidden costs.
- Our services are guaranteed so if you face any problems with the system, all you need to do is give us a call and we’ll send help promptly.
If you want to know more about our pest control services, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Knock-Down Pest Control today! You can reach us through our contact us form or call 1300 262 463 and we’ll be happy to assist you.