Most people don’t realise just how vulnerable the concrete slab can be if proper precautions to protect it aren’t take. These slabs are susceptible to moisture and can even let termites from the soil into the property. At Knock-Down Pest Control, we offer custom solutions for slab protection to all our clients. You can choose between physical barriers, reticulation systems, and slab sprays.
Why slab sprays?
Slab sprays are essentially chemical barriers that form a shield between the termites in the soil and the slab that sits above it. Termites are capable of slipping into cracks that are as small and narrow as 1.5mm. If there’s no barrier between the termites and the property, you’ll have to spend time and energy applying topical termite treatments.
These treatments aren’t as effective and can cost a lot of money over time, which is why it’s better to spend some extra money at the beginning of the construction project to apply slab sprays. Slab sprays are highly effective and durable. The chemical will actively act as a deterrent and help keep the termites away from the building material. The termites will avoid the soil with the chemicals instead of attempting to across the invisible barrier.
How is the spray applied?
The spray must be applied before the construction begins and the slab is poured in. Here’s a brief description of the process:
- Levelling the ground – The spray isn’t applied on uneven ground so you need to make sure the ground is level and ready to take slab before you call us.
- Spraying the chemical – Once the ground is completely level, we’ll arrive at your property with enough slab spray to generously cover the entire levelled ground. We’ll carefully spray the solution over the ground and make sure we don’t miss a spot. As mentioned before, termites only need a gap of 1.5mm to slip past the protection. Our experts will carefully spray the chemical over the ground in sections to ensure they don’t miss anything.
- Letting it sink it – After the solution is applied, you need to let the chemical sink in and penetrate the soil a little before you install the slab over it.
What are the advantages of slab sprays?
This is one of the most popular ways to prevent termite infestations and ensure the property is safe from these pests. Here are some of the distinct advantages of slab sprays:
- Affordable – These sprays are quite affordable, even if you need to cover a large area to protect the slab. The chemical we use isn’t that expensive, even though it ensures there’s an effective and potent barrier between the termites in soil and the building material. Spraying the solution doesn’t require much time so the labour costs are also quite low.
- Easy to use – Spraying the chemical doesn’t require much time or skill. All we need to do is loud the solution is specialised canisters and use the spraying tools to spread the solution evenly over the soil.
- Durable – This solution will last for a long time and effectively keep termites away from your property.
If you want to know more about our pest control services, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Knock-Down Pest Control today! You can reach us through our contact us form or call 1300 262 463 and we’ll be happy to assist you.