Birds are pretty and are considered harmless. Very few will attempt to view them as pests or a nuisances but that’s exactly what they can be. If you have birds nesting of your property, you need to make sure you either monitor the situation and prevent it from happening in the future, or remove the bird and encourage them to find another home. At Knock-Down Pest Control, we’ve noticed that clients often underestimate how much trouble birds can cause and are forced to pay for repairs down the line.
Signs of a bird infestation
A couple of birds visiting your property every once in a while isn’t a cause for concern. If the birds are pretty and their songs are melodic, you might even enjoy the visit. However, too much of anything can be bad. Here are some signs that indicate you have a serious bird infestation problem and it needs to be addressed immediately:
- Droppings – Bird droppings aren’t just unsightly, but they’re also very corrosive. If you don’t clean them immediately, they can damage your building material and lead to expensive repairs. For example, bird droppings on roofing shingles can weaken the seal on the tiles and eventually cause them to deteriorate.
- Odour – Birds, especially nesting birds, can generate intense odour that can spread throughout your property. Their droppings along with the food they bring in for their chicks can decompose and let out a foul smell.
- Insects – Birds will attract insects and insects with attract birds. This is a vicious cycle that never ends and is one of the most common signs of bird infestation. If you see increased amounts of insect activity, you might have bird infestation. Birds will attract fleas, flies, cockroaches, and even mice.
- Population – As mentioned before, one or two birds aren’t a concern but if you have several birds that don’t leave your property at all, you have an infestation.
How does Knock-down Pest Control manage bird infestation?
Our goal is to not just remove current infestation, but also prevent future bird infestations. This can be done with a few preventive measures. Here’s what we can do for you:
- Look for signs for infestation – Our first step is to ensure there’s an infestation. We’ll comb through your property to identify the nesting place of the birds.
- Removal – Our next step is to remove the birds from the property and transport all nests to a different location. This should be done carefully in order to ensure the animals aren’t harmed in the process. Our experienced pest control experts know just how to handle the move.
- Clean up – The next step is to clean up the entire area carefully. We’ll remove all droppings and sanitise the area to ensure there’s no risk to your health from the fungus and bacteria in the droppings. This cleanup process also eliminates other pests and any lingering odours.
- Prevention – The final step to seal all entry points and install effective deterrents to ensure the birds don’t try to make a home in your property once again.
If you want to know more about our pest control services, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Knock-Down Pest Control today! You can reach us through our contact us form or call 1300 262 463 and we’ll be happy to assist you.