Termites are very tiny and almost invisible creatures but can cause significant damage to wooden features of your property. They are rated as the leading pest in Australia. Their presence on your property is often noticed only after extensive damage takes place.
It is critical to prevent termites from entering your property because it is extremely difficult to get rid of them once they enter. Here are a few tips from Knock-Down Pest Controlto prevent termites.
Tips That Can Help
- Wooden structures of your property should be 6’ above ground level. This prevents subterranean termites from entering your property.
- Avoid the use of wood mulch. If used, it should be far away from your home structure.
- Termites breed easily in old wood and it is best to remove all dead trees, wood stumps etc. from the property. Firewood too should be stored at a distance from the house.
- The gutters and downspouts should be dry since organic materials and moisture are likely to invite termites.
- The ground in the outdoor areas should slope away from your house to avoid waterlogging.
- Carry out regular plumbing maintenance on your property to ensure there are no leaks in the taps and pipes. Termites are attracted to moist and humid areas.
- Tree in the front and backyard should be planted away from the house. Also trim trees regularly so that the branches don’t touch the exterior walls or roof of the house.
- If you decide to add a deck or a porch, use a thick metal sheet between the new structure and the house.
Termites pose a danger to your property and regular termite inspections are the best way to keep your house safe. It’s a good idea to hire experts like us for preventive termite control.
For guaranteed termite control Sydney services don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Knock-Down Pest Control today! You can reach us through our contact usform or call 1300 262 463 and we will be happy to assist you.