Insects that look small and harmless can be very dangerous with the diseases they carry around. For example, even a tiny bite of a diseased insect can have fatal consequences. Imagine how strong the pesticides have to be in order to kill these insects and we can already have our answer to the question.
Can the pest control sprayers be toxic?
Sprayers are one of the most used pest control methods. It is very easy and practical use and they can be both odorous and odourless. These spray types do not carry too much toxicity risk. Care must be taken to ensure that there is no food, drinks, glasses or containers around when spraying, whether it is odorous or odourless.
After spraying is done hands must be washed at least twice and you should not touch your face with your hands without washing them first.
In addition, you should not stay in the sprayed environment, it may cause respiratory poisoning. No one should enter the room for an hour and the room should be ventilated for another hour.
Do other pesticides pose any toxic threats?
Compared to sprayers, proper pesticides are much more effective. Sprayers are only effective against the insects that are visible and around. However, when performed by professionals, pesticides can achieve a more thorough pest cleaning. We need to take a few precautions to avoid poisoning since these are more dangerous than simple sprayers. At least 3 or 4 hours have to pass before entering those places. The whole house has to be ventilated afterwards. Of course, all the food must be put in the fridge or in air-tight containers. Anything else around should be covered and washed with plenty of detergent and water afterwards.
If needed care is taken, no poisoning will occur. But if not, it can lead to very serious poisoning and even death.
What are symptoms of this kind of poisoning?
The most common and serious one is the respiratory poisoning. Staying in the same place while the pesticide is in use or not ventilating the house may cause this poisoning. The symptoms of this poisoning are; breathing insufficiency, burning sensation in the throat, headache, irritated cough, burning of the eyes and frequent vomiting.
What to do in pesticide poisoning?
First of all, the person should be taken to an environment that is rich with fresh air. Any ties or shirt buttons should be taken off to ease patient’s breathing. In cases of poisoning, the person should be fed yogurt. Even if they seem OK, they should be taken to a health facility or hospital without losing any time.
Pesticides can be responsible for the occurrence of lymphoma, leukaemia, brain cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, thyroid cancer, liver cancer, lung cancer, colon cancer.
According to experts, pesticides have a negative impact on the human reproductive system, such as an increase in the number of miscarriages, increased infertility, a decrease in men’s hormone testosterone.