Just like cockroaches, silverfish are skin-crawling creatures and fast-moving nocturnal pests. They love moist, humid, dark environments and feast on old papers, magazines, books, etc. They breed rapidly if the infestation goes unnoticed,
We at Knockdown Pest Control Sydney offer effective services to eliminate silverfish. Here are some signs that a silverfish infestation is present on your premises:
- Silverfish’ food habits reveal the secret about their existence. You will find your magazines, books, and the old paper turned into tiny bits, clothes chewed, etc. Yellow stains are present around the damage.
- People detect these pests fallen on humid places like a washbasin, sinks, bathroom floor. These creatures cannot crawl up easily.
- Roofs voids or subfloors are also breeding places for silverfish, and you may spot them crawling around these areas.
Preventing a Silverfish Infestation
While silverfish establish their infestation slowly, once they reach that level, they breed fast and are difficult to remove. However, there are several measures you can take to limit them from reproducing in your home, such as:
- Remove their food source, and that becomes the first step to get rid of them. Minimise dust and dirt in your surroundings by keeping all spaces clean and dry.
- They love dark corners. So, vacuum your house, especially the dark places and corners, to reduce their number dramatically. Seal the vacuum bag contents before disposing it.
- Do not leave any food particles on the floor and clean the floor regularly.
- Use air-tight containers for edible items in your home. This will prevent food infestation by these pests.
- High humidity levels are the favourite haunt of silverfish, though they can survive in any environment. Use various ways to control humidity in your house such as, using humidifiers, and sealing leaking pipes. You can also install air-conditioners or fans in humid places like the kitchen, spread cedar shavings in unused corners etc.
These measures can help prevent silverfish infestation on your property.
Hire Professionals For Silverfish Control
The above mentioned DIY measures to prevent silverfish are useful for a short period when you spot them. However, they cannot provide a permanent solution to eliminating them from your house and the surrounding environment. Silverfish live and breed in various dark areas you may not even think of. The more efficient way to get rid of these creepy creatures is to hire the services of the well-known pest control companies. We have experienced professionals to handle the silverfish pest control. You benefit by hiring us because:
- We have experienced professionals for silverfish prevention and control.
- We stick to agreed schedules.
- We meticulously treat all areas of existing and potential infestation in your house.
- We ensure that environmental-friendly products are used in silverfish pest control.
- Our services are not only cost-effective but also carry the guarantees for the work done.
We make sure that the silverfish are eliminated from your property quickly and efficiently. For more information, call Knock-Down Pest Control today! You can reach us through our Contact Us form or call 1300 262 463, and we’ll be happy to assist you.