Why Your Commercial Property Requires Regular Pest Inspections
Insects seem tiny and inconsequential but can inflict heavy damage to your commercial property. Small holes or cracks are big enough for pests like cockroaches and termites to sneak into the indoor spaces of a building and damage the internal as well as external structure of your property.
Termites are the worst pests, as they destroy the wooden features of your property. Rats and mice are no less a menace as they gnaw through any substance like food, fabric, plastic, wood, and even thin metal frames. Also, they contaminate the environment with their faeces and urine and spread diseases.
We at Knockdown Pest Control attach importance to controlling pests and recommend to our customers to get commercial pest inspections done regularly. Our effective pest control solutions are available to property owners across Sydney to protect their commercial property from pest infestations.
Let’s Understand The Different Kinds Of Damages Pests Can Cause:
- Hotels, restaurants, and food joints where a variety of food products are stored are the favourite places for pests as they can eat through food packaging, and contaminate the packaged items rendering them inedible.
- Rodents expertly gnaw through electrical wiring, contributing to electrocution and fire hazards. Your electrical appliances too become inoperable.
- Pests such as termites are enemies of your furniture, wood structures, and They bore through the materials, and you hardly get a hint of it until the damage becomes very severe.
- The presence of pests on your property not only defiles the environment but makes your work places unhealthy for your employees too. This puts your customers, clients, and employees at risk of contracting diseases caused by pest infestations.
- An unhealthy work environment on your commercial premises directly affects the reputation of your company in the industry. It has an adverse impact on your profitability and can eventually result in the closure of your business as wel. This is especially true if you operate in the hospitality and food industry.
Hire Experts For Commercial Pest Inspections
Our teams are trained and updated in pest control technology to identify areas of pest control infestation and pest nesting possibility. They can provide expert solutions to any pest control problem they locate on your commercial property.
You will find it beneficial to prevent pest infestations by opting for annual preventive commercial pest treatments on your property. Not only do we offer cost-efficient and result-effective inspection contracts but also structure custom Integrated Pest Management Programs as required. The purpose is to thoroughly eliminate, control, and prevent the incidence of pests on your property. Various businesses covered by our services across Sydney are:
- Government and municipal offices
- Corporate Offices
- Retail stores and supermarkets
- Restaurants and standalone food outlets
- Hospitals and clinics
- Schools and Churches
- Hotels and motels
- Food production companies
- Warehouses and factories
- Other commercial properties
We are a proven company in this space and provide prompt and professional commercial pest control services. If you want to know more about our pest control services, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Knock-Down Pest Control today! You can reach us through our Contact Us form or call 1300 262 463, and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Australia has many native species of rats. These creatures are destructive and dangerous and their population grows very fast. So rat infestations can spread more rapidly than we imagine. They pose a threat both to your property and health. We at Knock-Down Pest Control provide custom rat control solutions and recommend regular treatments as these pests can cause a number of different problems.
Problems Caused By Rats
- Rat-Bite Fever– You need to protect yourself and your pets from rat bites. A bacteria (Streptobacillusmoniliformis) is transmitted by a rats and causes Rat – Bite Fever. It occurs due to the exposure to infected rats or a food source contaminated by infected rats. It is potentially fatal if not treated in time.
- Fatal Diseases– Rat droppings are a danger too. In addition to spreading bacteria and contaminating food, they trigger allergic reactions. Breathing-in particles of dry faecal matter is hazardous. Some of the diseases caused by rat droppings are leptospirosis, Eosinophilic Meningitis, Hantavirus, Salmonellosis etc.
- Rats And Fleas – These two pests can play havoc by spreading diseases like Bubonic Plague also known as Black Death. Spread by the bite of an infected rodent flea, it results in headache, fever, and swollen lymph nodes. In the absence of timely treatment, death can occur in four days.
Rats are fast breeders and this can result in a full-blown infestation within a short span of time. They pose a danger to property too as they can chew their way through thin metal sheets apart from wood, plastic, electrical wiring etc. So preventing them from entering your property becomes vital. The answer is professional preventive rat control solutions.
For guaranteed rat control Sydney services don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Knock-Down Pest Control today! You can reach us through our contact us form or call 1300 262 463 and we will be happy to assist you.
Termites are very tiny and almost invisible creatures but can cause significant damage to wooden features of your property. They are rated as the leading pest in Australia. Their presence on your property is often noticed only after extensive damage takes place.
It is critical to prevent termites from entering your property because it is extremely difficult to get rid of them once they enter. Here are a few tips from Knock-Down Pest Controlto prevent termites.
Tips That Can Help
- Wooden structures of your property should be 6’ above ground level. This prevents subterranean termites from entering your property.
- Avoid the use of wood mulch. If used, it should be far away from your home structure.
- Termites breed easily in old wood and it is best to remove all dead trees, wood stumps etc. from the property. Firewood too should be stored at a distance from the house.
- The gutters and downspouts should be dry since organic materials and moisture are likely to invite termites.
- The ground in the outdoor areas should slope away from your house to avoid waterlogging.
- Carry out regular plumbing maintenance on your property to ensure there are no leaks in the taps and pipes. Termites are attracted to moist and humid areas.
- Tree in the front and backyard should be planted away from the house. Also trim trees regularly so that the branches don’t touch the exterior walls or roof of the house.
- If you decide to add a deck or a porch, use a thick metal sheet between the new structure and the house.
Termites pose a danger to your property and regular termite inspections are the best way to keep your house safe. It’s a good idea to hire experts like us for preventive termite control.
For guaranteed termite control Sydney services don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Knock-Down Pest Control today! You can reach us through our contact usform or call 1300 262 463 and we will be happy to assist you.
Cockroaches are omnipresent and you will find them in almost every part of the world. They differ in size from very tiny, small, to medium, and large.We at Knock-Down Pest Controlprovide excellent cockroach control solutions, but always recommend that you call us at the first indication of an infestation.
Signs to Look Out For
Here are some signs that you have a cockroach infestation in your home:
- A cockroach crawling around at night is anobvious sign of many more cockroaches and their eggs inhidden corners and areas of the house.
- Cockroaches live in food storage areas, kitchen cabinets, kitchen sinks,and damp areas. They enter wardrobes too and crawl all over your clothes leaving an unbearable smell.
- Once inside the house, they breed very rapidly and contaminateevery indoor space.
- Their breeding grounds are often inaccessible. This makes DIY methods of controlling cockroaches somewhat ineffective.
- Dead cockroaches and their discarded skins is a clear sign of their presence in your house.
- Cockroaches crawl all over the house and leave behind droppings and a musty odour. It is necessary to clean every item in the kitchen and dining area as the cockroaches are disease carriers too.
- Cockroach infestation can occur anywhere but these pests are commonly found in tropical and sub-tropical regions.
In case of a cockroach infestation on your property, it is urgent to get professional pest control done to get rid of the cockroaches and their breeding grounds. It is crucial to understand that heavy infestation needs repeated pest control service to remove every trace of their existence.
It’s best to call us in as soon as you notice signs of a cockroach infestation on your property. For guaranteed cockroach control Sydney services don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Knock-Down Pest Control today! You can reach us through our contact us form or call 1300 262 463 and we will be happy to assist you.
We at Knock-Down Pest Control provide customised spider control Sydney services to commercial and residential clients. Here are some useful tips to help prevent spider infestations from spreading on your property:
Spider Control For Indoor Spaces
- Vacuuming is the best way to get rid of spiders, their egg sacs and webs. Vacuum all the areas where spiders tend to live such as walls, ceilings and floor corners, window sills, attic areas, storage areas and the basement.
- It is necessary to empty and discard the contents ofthe vacuum bag outside the house to remove the live spiders from the contents. Also regularly sweep cobwebs from the ceilings, corners & other areas
- De-clutter your house of various unwanted items like newspapers, unused things, discarded clothing etc. as they catch dust and provide a welcome ground for spiders.
- Remember to seal storage boxes with tape and stack them away from the floor making it easier to clean the floor spaces of spiders.
- Make sure that various outdoor items like plants, firewood brought into the house are not infested with spiders.
- If you notice a spider crawling around, remove it and kill it or just release it outside the house.
Spider Control For Outdoor Spaces
- It is not enough to keep the indoor areas of the house clean. It is important to keep the exterior walls of the house vacuumed or brushed as undusted areas are a favourite habitat for spiders. Cleaning the walls with jet-water spray is an effective method of getting rid of small spiders and their eggs.
- Regular maintenance and repair of screens too is helpful, as it prevents spiders, small insects and other pests from entering the house.
For guaranteed spider control Sydney services don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Knock-Down Pest Control today! You can reach us through our contact usform or call 1300 262 463 and we will be happy to assist you.
Pests in Sydney find its temperate climate ideal for breeding and build extensive colonies in every place possible. You might have observed that the population of various household pests suddenly increases during spring as well as summertime. The warmer climate during these seasons helps them breed faster.
The Best Season for Pest Control Treatments
Is there an appropriate time when pest control treatments should be done? Generally, you will see people ignoring the need for pest control treatment for spiders, cockroaches, ants, rats until summertime, when the presence of these pests become highly evident. However, ideally, spring is the time to call a pest control company like Knock-Down Pest Control to make your house pest free.
Spring is when pests start building nests and colonies and, making it the perfect time to control them. Since their nests and colonies are destroyed, it prevents them from breeding rapidly in the warmer climate, making the treatment more effective.
If you have allowed spring to pass without getting any pest control treatment done, there is still hope. We use the most effective, commercial-grade chemicals to save you from the threat of even the worst kind of pest infestations regardless of the time of the year.
How Often Should Pests Control Treatments Be Done?
What should be the frequency of pest control treatment?This is an often-asked question. If you ensure that a comprehensive pest control treatment is done once a year that can help prevent pest infestations. Preventive measures like spraying insecticides and pesticides in a timely manner will minimize or even totally free you from the pests menace.
For guaranteed pest control services, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Knock-Down Pest Control today! You can reach us through our contact us form or call 1300 262 463 and we will be happy to assist you.
Like Most people,you too would like to find a solution to your pest infestation problem as soon as you can. You may have tried a range of ‘instant’ solutions provided by pest control products like insecticides, traps, sticking strips etc. easily available in hardware stores and supermarkets. However, it is important to make sure that you are buying pet safe pest control products.
Things To Focus On
You can pest control your house with pest around, but you would have to keep a few aspects in view such as:
- First, move your pest out of the room before starting any pest control treatment. Toxic bug sprays are harmful for pest. Wait until the insecticides evaporate completely or become dry before you let the pest into the room. Non-toxic baits or traps are good alternatives.
- Rats, black and brown species pose a big pest problem in Australia. While killing them with baits is an obvious need, capturing them by using traps is becoming a preferred option to save pest in the house from rodent baits. When you keep traps around in the house, it helps prevent your pest from being poisoned by baits.
- Bug sprays used for getting rid of a variety of ants like honeypot and bull ants contain toxic chemicals harmful to your pest. On the other hand, cloves, mint leaves, and mint tea bags are some natural products that can prevent ant infestations. While their strong smell may drive the ants away, your pest are unlikely to be attracted to them or taste them.
For Eco-friendly, non-toxic pest control treatments that won’t harm your pest, call Knock-Down Pest Control today! You can reach us through our contact us form or call 1300 262 463 and we will be happy to assist you.
Ants from the tiniest to the largest ones are persevering creatures that can drive you crazy. No matter how squeaky-clean your premises may be, they have an ingenious way of raiding your property.
Ant control products are available off-the-shelf and are in common use on residential and commercial properties.But they are not necessarily effective in eradicating ant infestations. You need to find an effective solution.
Ants may look small but build huge colonies that defile your kitchen cupboards and counters. This is where they find the food they need to survive. They work tirelessly throughout all seasons and especiallyduring summertime.
About Ant Species
The ant species that you will usually spot in your homes are:
- White-footed house ants
- Sugar ants
- Coastal brown ants
- Meat ants
They have anextraordinary sense of taste and products like sugar and honeyeasily attract them. However,any food is welcome for them including your pet’s food. They are good climbers and easily line up the walls as well as ceilings. These ant characteristics and their different species make it critical to identify the species you want to eradicate. That is when you would be able to choose an effective pest control product.
Off-the-shelf ant control products are often ineffective in getting rid of the infestation of ants because they do not target the particular species that is causing the infestation.
This is why it is best to hire experts like us for all your ant control requirements. We use the latest and appropriate products and techniques in our work, ensuring that the ant infestation is eliminated from your property.
For guaranteed ant control Sydney services don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Knock-Down Pest Control today! You can reach us through our contact usform or call 1300 262 463 and we will be happy to assist you.
Sydney has a number of pest control services companies. What you need is an experienced company of repute that can handle any pest control problem. Effectiveness in eliminating pests is more important than just a low price quote.
It is important to do some research and hire professionals like us at Knock-Down Pest Control. Here are a few tips to find the best pest control company:
Ask Relevant Questions
Pose questions about the pest problem you are experiencing. Understanding the nature of the problem is the first step in exploring ways to prevent infestation in the future. When a company satisfies all your queries, clears doubts and provides solutions, you can rest assured that your problem will be solved.
Are They Licensed and Experienced?
Most pest control companies have the required equipment and offer a range of services. However, what you need to check is whether they are licensed, knowledgeable, and experienced. The nature of a property determines the type of pest control used. Thisis why you need a company with the licenses and experience to handledifferent types of pest infestations.
You do not know which pest infestation you might face over a period of time. Therefore,you need a company that provides comprehensive services like rodent, cockroach, spider, termite control, bugs control etc. You will then have the confidence that the company would be able deal with any of your pest control problems.
Two other aspects to take into account are guaranteed and prompt services.For guaranteed ant control Sydney services don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Knock-Down Pest Control today! You can reach us through our contact usform or call 1300 262 463 and we will be happy to assist you.