If you start ranking classic and almost invisible globe-trotting pests, bed bugs top the list. These miniature creatures pass through any country, state, region, border without detection. They travel most comfortably in your travel bags and suitcases as well the clothes you are wearing, totally free of charge.
Most regular travellers don’t realise that they may be bringing bed bugs into their home as these creatures stealthily crawl into your luggage in hotel rooms. You would not be aware of their presence until the infestation becomes widespread in your home. It is a classic case of an intruder that becomes a menace.
Some Things To Keep In View
We at Knockdown Pest Control offer effective bed bug removal services. Our team is here to help you eliminate them from your property. Contact us immediately if you notice any sign of their presence in your home. Here are a few pointers on why it is extremely tough to eliminate these critters:
- Extensive Infestation– Bed bugs are flat and tiny and can even live in cracks the width of a credit card. Once they settle happily in a place, they start breeding at a rapid pace and build colonies. This poses a challenge to control and eradicate them. They occupy virtually every crevice and crack like seams of mattresses, headboards, bed springs, furnishings, backs of photo-frames, etc.
- Difficult to Spot – While you retiree to your bed, they crawl out from their dens, get closer to you and feast on your blood. Their bites can cause rashes, red welts or a burning sensation. A few fortunate people may remain unaffected by their bites. You take become aware of their presence only when you find your sleep disturbed night after night.
- Starving Them Does Not Help – Bed bugs can live without food for extended periods. Even if you are away from home for a month or so, the starving bed bugs do not die. Incredibly, they can survive without food for up to one and a half years. Their capacity to survive without food for so long makes them one of the most resilient creatures on earth.
- Immune To Pesticides – Very potent pesticides may be able to get rid of adult bed bugs but not the nymphs and eggs. Maturing nymphs and eggs turn into adult bed bugs adding a whole new population of these pests to your home. Many commonly available pesticides do not affect adult bed bugs, and it is difficult to kill them.
- They Are Permanent Residents – Their hideouts are many and intractable minute creases and crevices. So when pest control professionals spray these places, they remain untouched and unaffected. This is a real challenge to oust these unwelcome guests.
We offer expert bed bug control solutions for commercial and residential properties. For more information, call Knock-Down Pest Control today! You can reach us through our Contact Us form or call 1300 262 463, and we’ll be happy to assist you.
The popularity of the granny flats is on the ascent in Australia. Factors such as multiple applications, a private space for the elderly to live independently, and value addition to the property are some of the major benefits of installing this structure. A granny flat can be either an attached or detached addition to the original property.
Whenever you start to construct a granny flat, first consider installing a resilient termite barrier before going ahead with the rest of the project. We at Knockdown Pest Control offer excellent granny flat termite barrier installation services.
Why You Need a Termite Barrier
Soil is the natural habitat of termites. No amount of effort to kill them or treat the soil can help to get rid of these pests, and they ultimately return to the area. Therefore, it becomes necessary to build a physical or chemical barrier between the soil and the concrete slab and the wooden framing of the property. This barrier protects the granny flat you build on your property, from termites.
If you ignore to install this barrier, termites can destroy the granny flat and cause substantial damage to other features as well. Treating a termite infestation and carrying out related repairs are expensive and the problem can linger for a long time. Frequent topical termite treatments also become necessary to keep termites under check. This adds a significant amount to your pest control and granny flat maintenance costs.
Types of Termite Barriers
Before recommending a termite control solution for your property, the pest control experts examine the soil, view the granny flat plans, and analyse the site condition. You can choose between three different termite barrier solutions:
- Physical Termite Barriers – This barrier is in the form of a physical sheet placed on the soil before pouring concrete on the slab. It protects the structure from termite attacks and moisture. Our professionals install the sheet in such a way that it seals all the gaps perfectly and prevents termites from breaching the barrier.
- Chemical Termite Barriers – This barrier works the same way as a physical barrier to prevent termite infestations. The process involves spraying termite-preventive chemicals on the soil during the installation to form a chemically treated zone on the structure. The applied chemical sinks in and acts as a barrier between termites in the soil and the building material. It prevents the termites from accessing the granny flat’s foundation.
- Reticulation Systems – In this technique, a termite barrier is installed around the foundation. It uses a network of underground pipes and a precisely controlled application of chemicals to prevent access for termites from outside your property. Physical and chemical barriers can wear off after some time, and termite infestations can reemerge. However, a reticulation system helps in regular termite control and avoids repeated digging to rebuild barriers.
Our experienced pest control team will explain the features and advantages of all these termite barrier systems and help you choose one that fits your requirements and budget. For more information, call Knock-Down Pest Control today! You can reach us through our Contact Us form or call 1300 262 463, and we’ll be happy to assist you.