Cockroaches are omnipresent and you will find them in almost every part of the world. They differ in size from very tiny, small, to medium, and large. We at Knock-Down Pest Control provide excellent cockroach control solutions, but always recommend that you call us at the first indication of an infestation.
Signs to Look Out For
Here are some signs that you have a cockroach infestation in your home:
- A cockroach crawling around at night is an obvious sign of many more cockroaches and their eggs in hidden corners and areas of the house.
- Cockroaches live in food storage areas, kitchen cabinets, kitchen sinks, and damp areas. They enter wardrobes too and crawl all over your clothes leaving an unbearable smell.
- Once inside the house, they breed very rapidly and contaminate every indoor space.
- Their breeding grounds are often inaccessible. This makes DIY methods of controlling cockroaches somewhat ineffective.
- Dead cockroaches and their discarded skins is a clear sign of their presence in your house.
- Cockroaches crawl all over the house and leave behind droppings and a musty odour. It is necessary to clean every item in the kitchen and dining area as the cockroaches are disease carriers too.
- A cockroach infestation can occur anywhere but these pests are commonly found in tropical and sub-tropical regions.
In case of a cockroach infestation on your property, it is urgent to get professional pest control done to get rid of the cockroaches and their breeding grounds. It is crucial to understand that heavy infestation needs repeated pest control service to remove every trace of their existence.
It’s best to call us in as soon as you notice signs of a cockroach infestation on your property. For guaranteed cockroach control Sydney services don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Knock-Down Pest Control today! You can reach us through our contact us form or call 1300 262 463 and we will be happy to assist you.
We at Knock-Down Pest Control Sydney provide customised spider control Sydney services to commercial and residential clients. Here are some useful tips to help prevent spider infestations from spreading on your property:
Spider Control For Indoor Spaces
- Vacuuming is the best way to get rid of spiders, their egg sacs and webs. Vacuum all the areas where spiders tend to live such as walls, ceilings and floor corners, window sills, attic areas, storage areas and the basement.
- It is necessary to empty and discard the contents ofthe vacuum bag outside the house to remove the live spiders from the contents. Also regularly sweep cobwebs from the ceilings, corners & other areas
- De-clutter your house of various unwanted items like newspapers, unused things, discarded clothing etc. as they catch dust and provide a welcome ground for spiders.
- Remember to seal storage boxes with tape and stack them away from the floor making it easier to clean the floor spaces of spiders.
- Make sure that various outdoor items like plants, firewood brought into the house are not infested with spiders.
- If you notice a spider crawling around, remove it and kill it or just release it outside the house.
Spider Control For Outdoor Spaces
- It is not enough to keep the indoor areas of the house clean. It is important to keep the exterior walls of the house vacuumed or brushed as undusted areas are a favourite habitat for spiders. Cleaning the walls with jet-water spray is an effective method of getting rid of small spiders and their eggs.
- Regular maintenance and repair of screens too is helpful, as it prevents spiders, small insects and other pests from entering the house.
For guaranteed spider control Sydney services don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Knock-Down Pest Control today! You can reach us through our contact usform or call 1300 262 463 and we will be happy to assist you.
Pests in Sydney find its temperate climate ideal for breeding and build extensive colonies in every place possible. You might have observed that the population of various household pests suddenly increases during spring as well as summertime. The warmer climate during these seasons helps them breed faster.
The Best Season for Pest Control Treatments
Is there an appropriate time when pest control treatments should be done? Generally, you will see people ignoring the need for pest control treatment for spiders, cockroaches, ants, rats until summertime, when the presence of these pests become highly evident. However, ideally, spring is the time to call a pest control company like Knock-Down Pest Control to make your house pest free.
Spring is when pests start building nests and colonies and, making it the perfect time to control them. Since their nests and colonies are destroyed, it prevents them from breeding rapidly in the warmer climate, making the treatment more effective.
If you have allowed spring to pass without getting any pest control treatment done, there is still hope. We use the most effective, commercial-grade chemicals to save you from the threat of even the worst kind of pest infestations regardless of the time of the year.
How Often Should Pests Control Treatments Be Done?
What should be the frequency of pest control treatment?This is an often-asked question. If you ensure that a comprehensive pest control treatment is done once a year that can help prevent pest infestations. Preventive measures like spraying insecticides and pesticides in a timely manner will minimize or even totally free you from the pests menace.
For guaranteed pest control services, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Knock-Down Pest Control today! You can reach us through our contact us form or call 1300 262 463 and we will be happy to assist you.
Like Most people,you too would like to find a solution to your pest infestation problem as soon as you can. You may have tried a range of ‘instant’ solutions provided by pest control products like insecticides, traps, sticking strips etc. easily available in hardware stores and supermarkets. However, it is important to make sure that you are buying pet safe pest control products.
Things To Focus On
You can pest control your house with pest around, but you would have to keep a few aspects in view such as:
- First, move your pest out of the room before starting any pest control treatment. Toxic bug sprays are harmful for pest. Wait until the insecticides evaporate completely or become dry before you let the pest into the room. Non-toxic baits or traps are good alternatives.
- Rats, black and brown species pose a big pest problem in Australia. While killing them with baits is an obvious need, capturing them by using traps is becoming a preferred option to save pest in the house from rodent baits. When you keep traps around in the house, it helps prevent your pest from being poisoned by baits.
- Bug sprays used for getting rid of a variety of ants like honeypot and bull ants contain toxic chemicals harmful to your pest. On the other hand, cloves, mint leaves, and mint tea bags are some natural products that can prevent ant infestations. While their strong smell may drive the ants away, your pest are unlikely to be attracted to them or taste them.
For Eco-friendly, non-toxic pest control treatments that won’t harm your pest, call Knock-Down Pest Control today! You can reach us through our contact us form or call 1300 262 463 and we will be happy to assist you.
Ants from the tiniest to the largest ones are persevering creatures that can drive you crazy. No matter how squeaky-clean your premises maybe, they have an ingenious way of raiding your property.
Ant control products are available off-the-shelf and are in common use on residential and commercial properties. But they are not necessarily effective in eradicating ant infestations. You need to find an effective solution.
Ants may look small but build huge colonies that defile your kitchen cupboards and counters. This is where they find the food they need to survive. They work tirelessly throughout all seasons and especially during summertime.
About Ant Species
The ant species that you will usually spot in your homes are:
- White-footed house ants
- Sugar ants
- Coastal brown ants
- Meat ants
They have an extraordinary sense of taste and products like sugar and honey easily attract them. However, any food is welcome for them including your pet’s food. They are good climbers and easily line up the walls as well as ceilings. These ant characteristics and their different species make it critical to identify the species you want to eradicate. That is when you would be able to choose an effective pest control product.
Off-the-shelf ant control products are often ineffective in getting rid of the infestation of ants because they do not target the particular species that is causing the infestation.
This is why it is best to hire experts like us for all your ant control requirements. We use the latest and appropriate products and techniques in our work, ensuring that the ant infestation is eliminated from your property.
For guaranteed ant control Sydney services don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Knock-Down Pest Control Sydney today! You can reach us through our contact us form or call 1300 262 463 and we will be happy to assist you.